Note, this calendar displays events from older to newest dates down the page. Past events will be retained to give members and prospective members a sense of what we do as a club over the year.
1. Monday, December 1: Monthly meeting, Worthington Rod and Gun Club, 7:00 PM
2. Saturday, December 6: Annual Roast Beef Dinner, members and invited guests, Worthington Rod and Gun Club, 6:00 PM, tickets are $20, reservations deadline is December 1 (monthly meeting), contact Tim Sena,413-238-5813
1. Monday, January 5: Monthly meeting, Worthington Rod and Gun Club, 7:00 PM
1. Monday, February 2: Monthly meeting, Worthington Rod and Gun Club, 7:00 PM (CANCELED ON FEBRUARY 2, RESCHEDULED TO FEBRUARY 9, CANCELLED AGAIN AND RESCHEDULED TO FEBRUARY 11, DUE TO WEATHER)
2. Wednesday, February 11, The February monthly meeting has been rescheduled to Wednesday, February 11, 7:00 PM at the Worthington Rod and Gun Club.
1. Monday, March 2: Monthly meeting, Worthington Rod and Gun Club, 7:00 PM
2. The Corned Beef Dinner will be held on Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 6:00 pm at the Rod and Gun and the cost is $15.00. Contact Dean Cleveland at (413) 238-8026 for tickets.
1. Monday, April 6: Monthly meeting, Worthington Rod and Gun club, 7:00 PM
2. Saturday, April 11: Youth Turkey Hunt training class at the Worthington Rod and Gun Club. The registration deadline is April 1st, class begins at 10:00 AM. Young hunters, who wish to participate in the Youth Turkey Hunt Program this year, must sign up on line, thru the Mass Hunt Fish Website not through Walter Fritz as in the past.
Also, all past participants must send in a "past participant form" which is also available on the web site. If there are any problems they can contact Walter Fritz, firstname.lastname@example.org , 413-238-5841. (NOTE: 2015 COURSE CANCELLED DUE TO NO STUDENTS SIGNING UP)
3. Monday, April 20, Tuesday 04/21, Thursday 04/23, Saturday 04/25: Hunter Safety Training Course at the Worthington Rod and Gun Club, 5:30 PM-9:00 PM (4 day course). Registration information and other details are available at the Massachusetts Fish and Wildlife website linked below.
4. Saturday, April 25: Youth Turkey Hunt, details available through training class participation.
5. Sunday, April 26: Annual Fishing Derby sponsored by the Worthington Rod and Gun Club. This event is open to youth, ages 1-14, who must be residents of Worthington or related to a club member. Starts at 10:00 am at the pond by the town salt shed/recycling center.
6. Sunday, April 26 (through the warm weather): Weekly trap shoots will begin on April 26 (at the WRG Club) at 2:00 pm (after the fishing derby)..... They will then be held at 1:00 pm over the following weeks....Cost will be about $3.00 depending on the cost of birds.... Bring your own shells....
7. Posted 04/11/2015: A Utah concealed carry permit class will be sponsored by the Worthington Rod and Gun Club. The date/time of this event will be determined at the next WRG monthly meeting on Monday, May 4. Dennis Leydet will be the instructor.
Date/time: To be determined.
Cost: $125, includes fingerprinting and photo.
Location: Worthington Rod and Gun Club.
1. Monday, May 4: Monthly meeting, Worthington Rod and Gun Club, 7:00 PM.
2. Friday May 8, There will be an informal archery shoot and gathering, Friday night, May 8, at the Worthington Rod and Gun Club at 6:00 PM. This event is open to members and guests. It is possible that this could become a regular event if enough interest is generated.
3. Sunday, May 10: The Sunday trapshooting event will again be held at the Worthington Rod and Gun Club range Sunday, May 10, at 1:00 PM. A $3 fee will cover the cost of clays and shooters must bring their own ammunition. This event is open to members and guests. Interested participants may e-mail me at email@example.com of your intent to participate and I will e-mail a list of people planning to attend to all who have contacted me by Friday or Saturday night.
4. Saturday, May 16: The Worthington Rod and Gun Club Annual Game Dinner is scheduled for Saturday, May 16 at 6:00 PM. Helpers will be needed starting at 8:30 AM on the morning of May 16. Please contact Dean Cleveland (413-238-8026) if you can donate game, volunteer to help or to obtain tickets at $25.00 each.
5. Sunday, May 24: There will be a Utah concealed carry license class given at the Worthington Rod and Gun Club on Sunday, May 24 at 10:00 AM. The cost will be $125 per person and the class will be open to the public. Dennis Leydet is the contact person, 413-329-7081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Monday, June 1: Monthly meeting, Worthington Rod and Gun Club, 7:00 PM.
1. Monday, July 6: Monthly meeting, Worthington Rod and Gun Club, 7:00 PM.
2. Monday, July 20: The Basic Hunter Safety Education Course will be held at the Worthington Rod and Gun Club on Monday, July 20, Tuesday, July 21, Thursday, July 23, and Friday, July 24 from 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM. The information is not yet published at the Massachusetts Wildlife website so people will have to wait to register until it is posted there. Check the Massachusetts Wildlife website regularly as the courses fill quickly.
1. Monday, August 3: Monthly meeting, Worthington Rod and Gun Club, 7:00 PM.